MY main task today is to put together a song-by-song document to go along with the news release/media pack for the new album…urgency brought about by the need to get a physical CD off the Blues in Britain this morning.
I get a bit distracted when i get to the studio and start messing about animating a character to do some wee promo videos for Friday’s single launch to put round my socials.
When I realise time is tight, I quickly knock up a news release and shove it in a jiffy bag along with a CD and dash to the local postbox to catch last post. I can email all the info later.
When I get back I decide to make some slight adjustments to the Meet me in the City video I edited up yesterday. In my haste to clear out some disk space I accidentally bin – and completely erase – two of the key source movie files I spent hours creating yesterday!
I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find a free/cheap file recovery tool and despite trying a few that are meant to offer a free trial or limited file size recovery they all seem to require an immediate paid upgrade. Saving grace is that I uploaded the video to YouTube before the clusterfuck, so I can download the file…just means that my proposed tweaking is no longer possible. Ah well – it coulda been worse.
Finally I get started on the song-by-song notes to accompany the Devil May Care news release and finish before it gets too dark to go for a walk up the lochside!